Re: Dry conditions

Barbara it is not unusual for us to have a dry spring so I am used to hostas
not being the size that is expected.  This year we were dry for three weeks
then two weeks of rain came.  I observed this week that some of the varieties
have put up new growth that covers the earlier growth.  It seems to depend
upon the stage of development that the plant was in at the time of the
weather change.  Green Piecrust was one of those which grew so much that I
have to look under the new growth to see what my plant was a month ago.
I am now the proud owner of a new irrigation system in my display area.  I
hope that it will make my hostas as happy as I am over its installation.
Mary
 <A
HREF="http://www.hostasonline.com/l/lakeside/index.html">hostasonline.com/l/la
keside/index.html