Re: Hosta-Dutch

I appreciate your point, and I don't do business with Americans who lie and
cheat either.  I strongly dislike the generalization that I made.  However,
my point was reinforced again yesterday.

I purchased a large number of bare root H. Patriot from the Netherland Bulb
Co this spring, carefully labeling each with the tags provided.  I happened
to examine the plants yesterday and they are not Patriots, but Wide Brim.  I
called the company and was told, "The Netherland growers regularly
substitute plants, trying to get close to the variety ordered."  No offer to
re-ship the Patriots, no offer of a refund, just a vague promise to take
care of it next year.  Bull****, there may not be a next year!

Another robin member put it best:  "They are NEVER out of a variety."  That
attitude is not acceptable.  When I order a specific variety, I want that
variety and anything else is fraud.

Floyd Rogers
Butterfield Gardens