Re: Plant labels

In a message dated 5/20/99 3:29:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SMITHIRIS@aol.com writes:

<< Can anyone recommend a good way to label plants using computer software? >>
I simply click on the labels button bar in my Word Perfect, and select Avery
Labels #2660.  They are CLEAR LASER (Ink Jet won't weather well) 1" X 2 5/8"
which are perfect for many metal plant labels, PawPaw, Eon, etc.   They are
small sheets of labels which allows me to do only 4 at a time.   They stick
well but I do lightly spray them with clear polyurethane when done for a
little extra protection...(CAUTION- too much spray will melt the type)  I go
with a bold font...25 pt on the top line (VARIETY) then the next two lines
are each 15pt  (Second line- Year Registered & by whom-  '98  S. Chamberlain)
and (3rd line I like to show Greene's Avg Price the year the plant went in
the Garden  -  '99  AVG  $27)

So far this has worked well for me, but I'm only one year into this
method...ask me in ten years what I think...LOL

Best wishes,
Dave   UNYHS President
Zone 4/5