same hosta different plant

I have owned striptease for a number of years.  An absolutely wonderful plant
bold yellow coloring on inside with 1/2" to 1" margin of deep bright green.
The contrast, thickness and shape of leaf makes this a very distinctive plant
and very showy in my yard.  I recently ordered striptease for my church
garden project.  You can tell that there are similiarities of leaf shape,
thickness but the coloring is not nearly as pronounced and therefore the
plant is not nearly as nice.  The coloring has always been very distinctive
since I have own my original plant.  Are there others who have found that
there are differences between some plants with the same name.  Thanks Chris