Re: Election

KateKlass@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/11/00 9:46:35 PM Central Standard Time,
> dbwatt@hiwaay.net writes:
> <<  I felt sorry for the misled workers who thought they were buying job
>  security with their dues. >>
> Dan,
>    Your right, it's sad that some Union members don't take the time to fully
> understand the purpose of their Union or Unions in general. It's very hard
> for labor in the US to compete with the third world labor markets. We are
> however working longer and for less when the inflation factor is taken into
> account.
Hi Kate
	I don't want to start a whole other discussion about unions but what
can the union do when the third worlds are undercutting us in labor
costs. You said yourself that is is higher productivity that is keeping
us afloat with our high labor costs and benefits compared to other
		Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
		Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/