Re: ploidy of S # S

In a message dated 11/15/2000 3:59:05 AM Central Standard Time,
zonneveld@RULBIM.Leidenuniv.nl writes:

<<
 Why speculate on the ploidy of your plants? Just send them to me
 and you have an answer for free in a week This includes ploidy
 chimerae of which I found already several See my publication in:
 Euphytica 111 105-110 2000: Flow cytometric analysis of DNA
 content in Hosta Reveals ploidy chimeras.
  Flow cytometry is a much faster and better way than chromosome
 counts >>

 I find that interesting that Hosta have polyploidic cytochimeras, not
unexpected.  Ben which plants did you find were polyploid chimeras?

If the generation of polyploids is "common" in tissue culture-this might
explain why some plants come out of culture and do not grow well.

Paul