Re: election - delete if not interested

Andrew, I would like to point out here that the company that my husband works
for cannot find enough factory workers to work at a wage over ten dollars an
hour and with insurance and vacation.  My brother in law owns his own company
and cannot find anyone who will do manual labor for eleven dollars an hour,
we are talking about unskilled labor here.  No diploma and no degree.  When
we have jobs at ten and above going unfilled what will raising the minimal
wage get us?  N.

P.S. In KY, tobacco farmers are not able to get laborers to strip tobacco at
ten dollars and hour and my sister who runs a farm market hires the best
workers in the world, those good people who have made it here from Mexico and
are trying to make a living in a free country.  She pays well over minimal
wages almost double that.  The Mexicans are the only ones who will work.  Why
work when you can sign up for foodstamps, SSI and welfare?