Re: election - delete if not interested

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> Now having said more than I wanted too, because no matter what is said
> Democrats will hear and believe only what serves their own selfish goals, and
> if it has to be done they will manipulate the law to serve their own needs,
> now I will shut up.

My Dear Narda,

As a lifelong Democrat, I heartily agree that maybe it's time you start thinking
before you start typing.  I find offensive your contention that those of us who
disagree with you do so with unpure motives.  Conservative Republicans seem to
think that God has whispered in their ears and the rest of us are too stupid,
naive, or corrupt to understand what you are trying to teach us.  Maybe it's time
for you folks to understand that people in different circumstances often have
different values and concerns and may in good faith disagree with you. It doesn't
mean we are stupid, un-read, selfish, unpatriotic, or uninformed, it simply means
that we don't agree with you.  Sometimes, hard as this is to believe, you may be
wrong, have selfish goals, and may not know God's will.

Every time I hear someone say that everything the Democrats do is done to steal
the election and everything the Rupublicans do is done for patriotic reasons, I
have to wonder about their objectivity at the very least.  Actually I wonder about
more than that but I'm too kind to say it.