Re: election - delete if not interested

----- Original Message -----
From: andrewl
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: election - delete if not interested

The greatest travesty of justice was not a lie to a grand jury.  It was that we spent some astronomical amount of money trying to impeach this fellow when this was a private matter.   I don't want to know about the President's personal life, whether he is madly in love, has a harem in the back office, that he wears make up in bed, or whatever.  It's none of my business, as long as the activity is legal.

It was amazing to watch Henry Hyde and his linch men conjuring up enough reasons to impeach William Jefferson, and to see Ron Livingston (correct guy?) subsequently withdraw from consideration as leader of the House.  Henry Hyde, an absolutely brilliant fellow but not without his little bit of tarnish, as well.

We're a polarized country over these kinds of issues.   Would the Presidential candidate who is without sin please sign up to run next time?    Oh, and we prefer a living, breathing human being...

Andrew L.

Hyde was picked to do this jib.  If he did it with vigour, that is OK with me. We all know that the question he (clinton) lied about, was in regard to another law suit altogather, and what he did in a building partly owned by me, is only supporting evidence of a pattern that reinforced alligations in the earlier case.  It is Ok for ignorant people to keep screaming that this was about his personal habits, but for those of us that can actually think, it must be admitted that this is a very big deal.  I can not imaging any situation that would make it ok for the president ( or any one else ) to lie to a federal grand joury.  This is a lot more than a simple sin. this is another example of the current tendancy ( not always on the part of the Democrats) to totally disregard the law.  What a great example for our young people!!!!!  He definatly deserved to be impeached for what he did.  The man has no scruples, or he would have resigned.  It is low to blame Hyde for doing his jub, when the ego-manic in the white house, could and should have been the one to save us all the agony , and have vacated , as Nixon did.