Re: election - delete if not interested

In a message dated 11/20/00 1:42:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:

<< one of the greatest Statesmen of all time,
 and a major contributor to the Constitution and to the beginning of this
 nation, was committing adultery for years, yet seemed to be functioning
 fairly well as a leader.  >>

Andrew, I promised myself yesterday that I would stay our of this but the
above makes me wonder who you are talking about.  If it was Thomas Jefferson
then you probably know that his indiscretion was so well hidden that two
hundred years later we are trying to prove it with genetic testing.  Even the
greatest scholars on Jefferson were uncertain until the lab tests were

The four young people that fell at Kent State were just four more of the
casualties of the Vietnam War.  At least that is the way I see it as I grew
up unable to watch the news because the daily body counts were so horrible to
me that it absolutely terrified me.  I also remember the young men that I
went to high school breathing a sigh of relief when they did not have to join
the draft.  My husband however still carries his draft card, he was affected
significantly and he never served a day.  We still remember the young men
that fell for no good reason because we did not really intend to win that
war.  Many who could find a good reason avoided the draft and some who were
real patriots went and served and if they survived and beat the odds they
have lives that were significantly altered from the experience.