Re: election - delete if not interested

Hi Joe,
halinar@open.org wrote:
RE:>> Any bets on how much the government will make in taxes paid after
all the books and movies are
written about this election?
Interesting perspective on the issue.  I hadn't thought of the indirect
benefits of the impeachment process through any increase in tax revenue.
Unfortunately, this is largely off set by the lost productivey by the
House of Representatives and much of the nation,  (I'm typing and I'm
STILL losing productivity!)  during the months of their inquisition.  How
much productivity was lost?  Many nations were laughing at us while they
pushed forward into new technologies and productivity improvements.   We
were sitting around contemplating our navals (unfortunately, it went
beyond that but the salacious details should have never crossed my radar
screen).  Salicious deeds occurring in the "house of the people"! What a
waste of time and energy.  The woman set her sights on him; She made her
conquest, put another notch in her belt and that should have been the end
of it.  But NO, because this dude is a big wig, we're going to consume
vast taxpayer's resources trying to entrap the guy into a lie, which as
might be expected,  would be easy to do.

Sin has it's consequences, as we all know.  All have fallen short; none
is righteous.  No, not one... And if it is not sex, then it is something
else.   But should WE, the taxpayers have had to foot the bill on the
salaries being paid while these fellas debated whether this should be an
impeachable offense?   "In the oval office"-- sure, that's a big
problem.  But did anyone change the job description so that the next guy
knows he'll get canned if that happens?  Probably not but I'd like to
make sure that it gets done.  Who knows when the next intern will come
along "seeking someone to devour"--no pun intended but that does
work--and give the media a sell out performance.....

Yes, Joe, the media loves it!  And for what gain?  I'm at a loss... How
many of these dudes do you think had "girl" friends?   How many up "on
the Hill?"   While I concur that the media makes more, and thus the tax
revenue goes up, it's a hard way for a government to make a living
because the losses will be much greater--I'd say in the billions... And
if I don't get off this subject mine will be in the millions, so I'm
outta here.  Got to produce a catalog, don't cha know!

Andrew L.