Re: LABEL MAKERS - DYMO EL60 and Turbo

Hi Preston,
I have the Dymo LaberWriter "Turbo" model.  It makes rather excellent labels which I use both for plant markers and shipping labels.  I like the plant marker labels (clear - ID# 30254) however, they will not work for the long term as they quickly fade out in the sun.

As Dan Nelson pointed out and I soon learned, the label must be U.V. resistant.  Fortunately, DYMO does make a U.V. resistant label, but the pricing is pretty steep--$700 for 5,000 labels--but that isn't too bad at a per label price of $.14.  The problem, however, is that they require a minimum purchase of the 5,000.  I won't use that many, between now and eternity, so if you are interested in pooling an order, let me know.  The printer itself is very easy to use, simple to install and moderately fast.  One can print other labels with it.  Send me a private message if interested.

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com
HostaHaven.com                       mailto:andrewl@hostahaven.com
1250 41st Street                     515-274-0300 voice
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516