Re: Catalpa Tree

  • Subject: Re: Catalpa Tree
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:23:28 -0600

BBROWNJ@aol.com wrote:

> It is a miserable dirty tree. The large handsome flower petals make a
> mess on the ground. Then they have miserable foot long pods that later
> fall and make another miserable mess. I never noticed if the miserable
> leaves came off all at once. I know the miserable root goes deep as we
> tried to dig out a small seedling. It does like to sow it's miserable
> self all around.
Hi Barbara
	I was also surprised to see Dan's article on this tree getting that
large. Around here it doesn't and when it does get some size it seems
the branches break down and it takes on a not so pretty shape with half
the tree gone. Good looking flowers though.
		Screensavers http://gardensights.com/photo/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/