Re: Recommendations wanted

  • Subject: Re: Recommendations wanted
  • From: "Dan & Lu Nelson" hostanut@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:15:11 -0500

Hi Roy,

We'd have to say that the plantagineas and types are the best here. Big
blooms, fragrant, standing high above the foliage and waving in the winds.
Does great down here in the south. This year we had an entire row of So
Sweet blooming and it was a pleasure to come home to after a long day at
work. They seemed to bloooooom forever. We even had a bloom a few days ago
still on one of the plantagineas.

Alex Summers has a big row of tardifloras that are spectacular for fall
flowers. His Sweet Winifred's are amazingly fragrant.

Really, any of the hostas planted in mass make a big statement when
flowering, especially those with upright scapes that hold the flowers above
the foliage.

Dan & Lu