Re: Recommendations wanted

  • Subject: Re: Recommendations wanted
  • From: "Sarah Jayne" SarahJayne@attbi.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:58:52 -0500

Hi Roy,

One of my very favorites is Hosta grandiflora which might be the same as the
Hosta plantaginea mentioned by Dan & Lu. I got mine from Fairman Jayne at
Sandy Mush Herb Farm (828-683-2014, 316 Surret Cove Rd, Leicester, NC
28748-5517). In late summer (August, here in Central Virginia) it blooms
lovely white bell-like flowers--at a time when a number of other perennials
are resting from their fine displays.

Best regards,
Sarah
www.oldgarden.com