From: owner-hosta-open@hort.net [mailto:owner-hosta-open@hort.net]On
Behalf Of halinar@open.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 2:29 AM
To: hosta-open@hort.net
Subject: Virus in hosta

From GMPRO greEn-MAIL, for Nov. 4, 2003:

* TSWV found on Florida hosta. The first case of tomato spotted wilt
virus has been detected on outdoor-grown hosta in Florida. Symptoms
included leaf necrosis and stunting, chlorotic and necrotic spotting
and distinctive ring patterns. Only about 1%of the plants in the
infected area showed symptoms. tmomol@ufl.edu;