Re: moving hostas....now!

In a message dated 25/11/98 15:26:34 GMT, Barbara wrote:

<< I just found out I may have to dig up a bunch of hostas within the
 next week, or risk loosing them!  >>

I had a couple of hostas arrive here bare root from the states two days after
christmas last year. I potted them and put them in the fridge next to the left
over turkey! Come spring, I took them out and they were fine but the turkey
didn't smell to good.

Seriously though........I know a nurseryman that digs hostas in autumn and
stores them bare root in trays in a refridgerator the size of my house. They
get shipped out in spring.

Glen UK