Re: Re:Serrated hosta leaves

>I have noticed in
>seedlings that often they will have a serrated edge when they germinate,
>then they lose it.  I hope someone with some knowledge of this phenon. will
>jump in on this discussion.  I'm glad you brought it up.
>Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5

Have you ever saved any of these seedlings?  Maybe crossing them with each
other will get you some stable serration a few generations down the line.
Also thanks to Clyde for sending me the pic of Patsy Stygal's seedling.  I'd
think it should have a lot of potential for further developing.
I'm still visualizing a nice dark green hosta with 1/4" white teeth all
around the leaves.  I'm sure someone is probably well on their way to it.