Re: sharing

Mary,
Thanks for the sharing. It's really neat to hear what might be coming down
(up) the pike in a few years. I've never tried my hand at Hosta
hybridization, but for the past couple of years I have been doing crosses
with tropical hibiscus.  It take a year and a half to two years before you
see the first bloom on a seedling (meanwhile here in TN of course, you have
to overwinter in a stuffed greenhouse). Anyway, my first successful cross
bloomed this weekend for the first time. In my eyes it's the most beautiful
hibiscus every seen. Of course, I will be sending pics to other hibiscus
breeders to judge whether this baby is worthy of grafting and
propagation... It's really exciting, isn't it!

Gerry