streaked seedlings - Go organic

  • To: <nise@onelist.com>
  • Subject: streaked seedlings - Go organic
  • From: "Daniel Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:54:20 -0500

Grow hostas the organic way?

You can bet your sweet bippy it's possible. Alex Summers, the founder of
the AHS, has always grown his hostas without the use of pesticides or
chemical fertilizers.

The best fertilizer in the hosta garden is not chemical or organic.

The best fertilizer in the hosta garden are the footsteps of the hosta
gardener.
                      (Chinese proverb paraphrased)

I have seen great hostas grown by people of both philosophies. The
hostas don't seem to care what's going on in the head of their tenders.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
SussexTreeInc@ce.net