Microwaving soil (Was: Re: deli-containers)

At 07:14 AM 11/21/99 EST, Narda wrote:
>  >>
>In a message dated 11/21/99 6:46:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>BSteg46464@AOL.COM writes:
><< I tried this and suffered "container meltdown" after about 1 minute.
> Thanks,
> Bev Stegeman
>  >>
 >You remind me that I should have done something with the soil, microwaving
>would have been good, I think I will do that the next time.  My soil looks
>like a "cow pie," I think Gerry said.  Maybe just put the soil in unused but
>clean clay pot for microwaving.  Oh, the other thing I now have gnats, I am
>told that they are harmless but I don't like them.  The whole thing is
>starting to look like a big green slimy cow pie.  Don't forget to make holes
>for drainage.
Whoops. Sorry, Narda..Hope I didn't offend!

Anyway, for any of you besides Bev who are trying to microwave your soil.
Be aware that putting soil with large amounts of organic matter in it (like
Promix) into the microwave can be dangerous. If done improperly, can result
in a fire.  Don't ask me how I know!  :-(