deli-containers

In a message dated 11/21/99 6:46:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
BSteg46464@AOL.COM writes:

<< I tried this and suffered "container meltdown" after about 1 minute.
 Thanks,
 Bev Stegeman

http://www.pal-metto.com/hosta/index.html

Bev, go to the above address and then click on forum, it is the third item on
the left side.  I have posted under "Monty Asked for It" my first try at
growing hosta from seed.  You will probably notice it's a deli container.

You remind me that I should have done something with the soil, microwaving
would have been good, I think I will do that the next time.  My soil looks
like a "cow pie," I think Gerry said.  Maybe just put the soil in unused but
clean clay pot for microwaving.  Oh, the other thing I now have gnats, I am
told that they are harmless but I don't like them.  The whole thing is
starting to look like a big green slimy cow pie.  Don't forget to make holes
for drainage.

I think the good thing about deli-containers is, you can easily start hosta
of which you have only a few seeds available.

Now that reminds me I got a note from Pete Ruh the other day, he has an
expanded list of seed to offer this year.  In January, but it will keep me
busy through the winter.

The thought of your fried dli-container reminds me of some art work that I
saw a while back.  You might be on to something with this.  Think of the
creative statement you could make with fried plastic and dirt.

I digress,
Take care,
Narda