Re: gore

Bob wrote:

> I had to laugh when I read you were concerned about it being friendly on
> the list. You have mentioned a time or two how you like to stir things
> up.

Touché.  It's just that people seem to take this crap so seriously.  But you're
right, a little discord just helps to get the juices flowing.

And in that vein, I'll add my two cents, especially since it's non partisan.  I
can't understand how anyone could be undecided in this election.  Even if you
dislike Dubya, how could you vote for Gore if you are pro-life, pro-tax cut, and
whatever else it is that Republicans are for?  And if you are for women's right to
choose, and other "liberal" causes, how could you even think of letting Dubya
choose the next few Court Justices, even if you think Al is a moron.  Just doesn't
make sense to me.

Here's what's going to happen when they put me in charge.  Congressional elections
will be held in September, so that we'll all know who gets control of the House
and Senate before we vote for President.  That way we can vote for the party that
lost control of Congress and make sure that the President can stop the Congress,
whether Democrat or Republican,  from screwing anything else up.

Have you noticed how the Republicans have kept Dick Armey, Trent Lott, Tom DeLay,
Phil Graham, Bob Barr, and the Newtster out of sight for this election?  Seems
like for the past eight years they've been right out there in plain view and now
they want everyone to forget they're still there, just waiting for a Republican
President.  (That part might not be totally non partisan.)  By the way, the
President does not have the Constitutional authority to ban the internal
combustion engine.  Not yet anyway.