Re: Politics of sorts so delete if needed.

----- Original Message -----
From: Chick <chick@bridgewoodgardens.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: Politics of sorts so delete if needed.

> THE ECONOMY?????????????
> And as for education, my understanding is that the Texas schools have been
> judged to have improved considerably based on increased test scores, which
> were achieved by teaching nothing but what was on the tests.  If it can't
> be answered with a true or false or a multiple choice, it isn't worth
> talking about cause it won't be on the test.
> By the way, the hostas are all going dormant and I don't have much to do,
> so I can keep this up as long as you can.
I can't !  got a catalog to start on, seeds to gather, and billing to do.
Not to be flip, but I believe if you do a bit of research on the imporvments
in Texas education ( for everyone) in the last six year, you will find a
pleasnt surprise.    I do agreewith you , on the use of true or false tests,
all you need if you are halfway lucky, is to guess right on 50 %, giving you
a 50% right score!  That seems to be about all that is necessary to "get by"
in todays average education system!