Re: Hostas in California

Hi all,
In the hosta trades we had on the Garden Web, I was paired up with a Girl
from Calif.
I cautioned her about what the hostas needed as far as cold, and she wanted
to give it a try.  I sent her about 6 different plants. From Krossa Regal to
August Moon.
They are going through their first winter there. And her collection has
increased to about 20. I am guessing we will know more next year.
I lived in Vista, California for 10 years...I remember 40 degrees very well.
We thought we were freezing to death. Snow on occasion. It just might be
possible to grow them there with some sucess. Like it has been said..some
will survive almost anywhere.

Paula
Blaine,Mn