Re: e-mail attachments

Linda wrote:

> Hi, all computer stumble/bumbles:
>
> When I first got on the Internet...in Feb. with an older Mac using
> the basic free Eudora as the e-mail software, I couldn't open
> attachments of any kind or do anything except read/send e-mail.  Then
> I got Eudora 4.3 and suddenly could see photo attachments (jpg but
> not bmp, whatever that is).  But when I was installing the new
> Eudora, I discovered on my hard drive an attachments folder for the
> old Eudora.  Lo and behold!! there were all the photos I had been
> getting all spring and summer!!  As I deleted all that e-mail the
> attachments were moved to this folder but NOT DELETED.  So I moved
> most of them to trash and saved a few.  The same thing is happening
> for new Eudora.  Although I see the new photo attachments as they
> arrive, they go to  new Eudoras attachment file on the hard drive.
> And if I want to look at a picture again it comes up on a Desktop
> Picture place that also has desktop patterns (if you want to change
> the monitor background.  This seems to be the only place I can open
> photos.  Shouldn't I be able to have a folder...say 'hosta pictures'
> where I could save them as I receive them, that would be easier to
> get at than all this various file opening I have to do now?  Hard
> drive...systems folder..Eudora folder..attachments folder...desktop
> pictures...and finallly...'Moonlight Sonata'.  And I haven't been
> able to combine my old Eudora attachments folder with new Eudora.
>
> And there are people who say computers are easy!  I spend more time
> struggling with this thing than I do learning interesting info. about
> hostas, daylilies, etc.    A computer stumble/bumple, Linda K.
> Minnesota zone 4

Now this is the pot calling the kettle black?????????      when you are
in your e-mail screen go up to the top left and hit file   the hit new
folder    givr the new folder a name   and then go back to your e-mail
section    look to the left and you now have a folder that you can drag
after you hightlight the email with the picture in it over to that new
folder    then when   you want to retrieve ghat pic go over to that
folder name   doble click   and presdto you can choose which pic you
want.    Now girl..... go try dat.     later doug
begin:vcard
n:Beilstein;Doug
tel;fax:419-526-2642
tel;home:419-526-2966
tel;work:419-526-2642
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Blueberry Patch Farm
adr:;;1285 West Hanley Road;Mansfield;OH;44904;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:bpatch@richnet.net
x-mozilla-cpt:;-21392
fn:Doug Beilstein