hand cream

  • Subject: hand cream
  • From: halinar@open.org
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

Does any one have any GOOD recomendations for hand creams to be used
on really dry skin?  A number of years ago I bought several bottles of
Aloe Vera gel that was basically 100% aloe vera gel, except for some
added vitamin E and some preservatives, but I can't find the pure
stuff any more.  When I look at all the various hand creams avaiable
on the market I see the main ingredients are some combination of
water, glycerin and mineral oil with various perfumes and some other
chemicals of questionable value.  Most of these feel real greasy.  At
the end of the day my hands look and feel like reptile skin and the
last thing I want is a greasy hand lotion.  I know petroleum jelly
works well if you gob in on and let it stay on your hands awhile.  I
know some people recommend putting it on thick and then putting your
hands inside plastic gloves for a few hours or even over night.  Now I
know that some one could make a nice bundle IF they could come up with
a really effective hand lotion for nursery people.

Joe Halinar