Re:Leaf Vac./Mulcher

  • Subject: Re:Leaf Vac./Mulcher
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:12:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Guys:

I guess I need some type of equipment to deal with the leaves of 5 giant
maples.   Where I once had wide straight paths  between my garden beds
which were mowed and raked, I now have serpentine meanders filled with
washed stone. Because of garden creep they are much narrower in places and
any sort of push/ pull contrivance will not work. What I need is a gas
powered pack pack leaf vacuum/shredder, which fills a large container or
bag with a good leaf to mulch ratio.  I don't think I want anything
electric because of cords...but I am not absolutely sure.  I have an old
leaf blower with a cord and I don't like it. It's not that it sucks, it's
that it doesn't.
   I am investigating a machine from ECO at about $200.00  which might be
what I want. I don't care about expanses of lawn...that I can rake. What is
going to drive me crazy is clearing/raking the washed stone pathways of
leaves. I like the idea of the leaves being mulched.The  blurbs say that
this machine has a 12 to 1 mulch ratio....that doesn't seem like much. I
just don't know.  Anybody with experience out there. I am not looking for
something to suck up the neighborhood Great Dane, but I don't want another
toy which stays in the third story of the "obsolete" tool shed.  Thanks

"If only words would keep their meaning and live up to their promise...or
is it me?"
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont