Re: getting ready for winter

  • Subject: Re: getting ready for winter
  • From: butch ragland wilddog_202@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:04:40 -0700 (PDT)

Anthropomorphic is the term Jim Hawes lectured against
using. It means using human terms when speaking about
the natural world. Such as calling a Giant Panda
"cute". Panda's are in fact ill-tempered and
dangerous.

After a meal we must clean up the kitchen because
there is no natural process to do it for us. Cleaning
up the garden is not necessary unless we want it look
different than is does in the natural process. The
soil organisms have a way of cleaning up the garden
and it is better than ours for the plants. As it works
out the natural process is turning the debri into food
through the nutrient recycling process.

This of course does not apply to a known problem such
as a disease that effects tomatoes. Or, plants known
to have foliar nematodes which should be removed.

Butch
Conflict is as addictive as
cocaine, alcohol, cigarettes,etc
I'm sorry to report that