In a message dated 10/9/1998 9:38:40 PM Central Daylight Time, UNYHS@aol.com

 << She simply took her pen and crossed out the word
  Hemerocallis and wrote the word Hosta above it.Does this sound right? A
  mistake is one thing and I make more than most,however,this was a
  deliberate act.  This is not funny anymore>>
 Do you really think she deliberately tried to "Steal" your money?  Since you
 mailed it to her rather than the Daylily Group, she probably thought you had
 made the mistake on who you wrote it to, and simply made the correction for

It was I am sure an honest mistake; however, it was probably a felony. Cindy
is a great friend of mine. I wrote up her garden for the Convention Issue of
the Hosta Journal. I would trust her with my life.Yet, ignorance of the law is
no excuse. At any rate, the blame lies not with Cindy but rather with the
American Hosta Society. They must take the heat on this one. If not, then they
will be able to get away with any felony.
They MUST make retribution to Gary. There is no way around that.

Cindy is not personally liable, I want to make that clear.

Clyde Crockett