Re: Joanne, please lobby for us...

In a message dated 10/13/1998 12:02:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< Robert Campbell wrote:
 > Not all of us want the method used changed the way you do, Dave.
 > I am on quite a number of lists and most of them are set up to reply to the
 > list.
 > On the ones that aren't I usually forget to change the header when I want
 > reply to the list on a topic of general interest.  I can count on the
 > fingers of one hand the times I have sent a private reply to a list in the
 > last year, and still have a couple of fingers left over.
 > Before anybody starts pushing to change the way replies work, should we not
 > find out if there is in fact a preference?
 > Bob Campbell
 Ran Lydell >>

Unlike Bob, I frequently like to send private messages to the sender. Although
I am quite happy with the present set-up, I think it would be better if one
could click the Reply box and know your message was going only to the sender.
If it doesn't cost anything to make that change in the system, why not change
it? For me to send a private reply post to one who has posted the list, I have
to type in the sender's address in the Send To: box. With the change suggested
by Dave, we could save some time: Click Reply to send a post to sender; Click

I cannot understand why one would find this at all objectionable.

Clyde Crockett z5 Indianapolis IN <ccredux@aol.com>