Re: Samurai/Frances Williams

Chris from Braintree, MA Z6.  I have seen numerous Frances Williams in this
area with burnt edges which is one reason I never bought it.  I have also seen
Frances Williams in a very shaded well watered area and it looks fine.  I have
problems with my montana mountain snow, and montana aureomarginata with burnt
edges.  Both of these are relatively young plants in that I have only had them
two years.  I am hoping that when they get more mature with a better developed
root system that they will be better.  Have others had problems with these two
plants.  Do I need to put more organic matter in with them.  Do I need to
water them more.  Other hostas near them are fine.  Thanks for the information
Chris, Braintree, MA Z6