Re: Growing hostas under light

This works well, however, I had a terrible problem with aphids from the tc
plants.  They infected my seedling hostas and other perennials I had growing
from seed.  I could't get rid of them.  Then I even had them the following
year with my seedlings, so they wintered over.  Be sure to take precautions if
you bring them inside.
Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5

One happy note, the minute I put them outside in May, some predator bug ate
the aphids and they all outgrew the damage done.

<< Anyone try to grow hosta plugs under lights over winter to give them a head
 start on next year?  I bought some tissue culture plants and don't know
 whether I should try that or just plant them.  Thanks Chris, Braintree Z6 >>