Re: Item 6

In a message dated 10/2/1999 9:18:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
wilddog@venus.net writes:

<< An ethical board would not allow the appearance of conflict of interest.
 Having been a member of that august Board, indeed the Executive Suite,oops!,
I mean the Executive Committee, for 6 or 7 years(seems like yesterday!),I
noted ethics were never considered. Neither is law(their own By-Laws, for
instance). I witnessed many occasions where some poor soul questioned whether
the Board had the authority to do such and such.(Which they didn't.) The
presiding officer simply waved his hand and said in effect, "Don't worry;I'll
take care of that. No one will notice."

Butch is right. I shall go further and say that there is not only an
appearance of a conflict of interest--there is---and the board knows it and
condones it.
BUT, those of us who try to be ethical and are opposing the AHS policies, I
must say we are fighting a losing battle.Nothing will change unless drastic
measures are resorted to in accordance with the By-Laws. I don't think those
measures will ever be taken.

Clyde Crockett