Y2K Winter Scientific Meeting

Dear Hosta Friends,

On Jan. 22, 2000 the Winter Scientific Meeting of the Midwest Regional
Hosta Society, is being hosted by the Northern Illinois Hosta Society. This
annual meeting, which ushers in the new year, is becoming one of the Hosta
world's premiere events.

We advertise in the "Journal" of American Hosta Society, and the "Hosta
Leaves" of the MRHS. As many local society members are not AHS or MHHS
members, I would appreciate your assistance in getting the word out to all
Hosta enthusiasts. Therefore I ask that the local Hosta organizations help
inform their members about the event, through their newsletter, telephone
calls, meeting announcements, or whatever means works for your particular
group to spread the word.

As you can see we have an All Star line-up of speakers, as well as
interesting and timely topics. In addition to the great speakers, as
always, is the fellowship that takes place when Hosta enthusiasts get

We are planning an event that will be better than last years very
successful event. Any help In informing your local group will go a long way
in making this years winter Scientific Meeting the best one yet. I hope
this information will help encourage the members of your groups to attend
this year's meeting.  It's always welcome in the middle of the bleak winter
to have a "Hosta Break". Thank you again for helping to spread the word
about the Winter Scientific Meeting 2000.

Tom Micheletti

			 Winter Scientific Meeting-2000
		Hosted by Midwest Regional Hosta Society
		Sponsored by Northern Illinois Hosta Society

It's time to begin planning for winter.  The Winter Scientific Meeting of
the Midwest Regional Hosta Society that is.  This year's big winter event
will be held Saturday, January 22, 2000 at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield
Hotel, 1800 East Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL. 60173, (800) 223-1234.  They
have given us a $73.00 room rate.  Please make your own reservations,
before January and mention the Hosta Society to guarantee the rate.  The
Hyatt Regency Woodfield Hotel is the same location as last year's very
successful event.  It is located right across the street from the popular
Woodfield Mall.  A shuttle to the Mall is available from the Hotel.  A
limousine shuttle is available from O'Hare Airport for $17.00 each way.

Again we have an All Star line-up of speakers with interesting and timely
	Kenn Skrupky -- A Walk Through The Propagation Garden
	Jim Anderson -- Tissue Culture In The Home
	Ben Lockhart -- Virus Research
	Rick Grazzini -- Update on Hosta Research, & Are Two Pairs Better Than
One? 		Producing Tetraploid Hostas
	Ran Lydell-Designing With Hostas
	Glenn Herold & Bob Skiera -- Trees from The Ground Up
	Mark Zillis -- Hostas Of Distinction

The cost of the winter extravaganza is still only $35.00 per person, which
includes a continental breakfast and a deli buffet lunch. Please make
checks payable to the Northern Illinois Hosta Society, and mail before Jan.
1, 2000, with your name, address, phone, and the number attending, to:
	Morgan Wilson
	1880 N. Hennepin
	LaSalle IL. 61301
	Phone (815) 224-1383
	Sign-up after January 1 is $40.00

Registration will begin on Friday, January 21, from 3:00pm 6:00pm, and
Saturday morning from 7:00am - 7:30am.  The program will run from 7:30am
4:00pm on Saturday.  Dinner Friday and Saturday evenings will be on your
own at one of the many fine restaurants in the area.  The Hostatality suite
will be open from 7:30pm - midnight, both Friday and Saturday nights, for
all that good Hosta fellowship.  I look forward to seeing you there.

Tom Micheletti
Northern Illinois Hosta Society