Re: Spilt Milk (Was: Re: October Hostas)

Yep, wonderful, isn't it! Started here yesterday morning and has been
pretty much continuous since then. Never a deluge, just slow, steady rain.

It sounds like I shouldn't give up on SM..I'll see what it does next year.
It was beautiful til the drought and my month-long absence from watering
hit it.

Have I purchased any hostas? Does a bear.... Of course! I spent the last
two years getting a new bed started, using the newspaper-ground
leaves-backsaving method. So this year, although I swore off buying new
plants til I planted the ovwerwintered ones, I just couldn't resist. After
a brief summer spending hiatus, I was lured off the wagon by a)a nearby
hosta nursery showing up at Oak Ridge's farmer's market one morning, b)
Cedar Creek nursery having its Fall Hosta Sale, and c) Ran and Chick giving
recommendations for XL variegated plants.

So I got:
Lady Isobel Barnett
Leading Lady
Eagle's Nest
Arctic Rim
Anne Arett
Sun Power
Warwick Delight (Yeah! Have lusted after this one for years)
Fair Maiden
Black Hills

And three gorgeous new Heucheras. Now this rain will help me get most of
them in the ground..

Are there any hosta nurseries up your way?