Re: Means of Communication

Jim Hawes wrote:
> Robins,
> I received a private communication from Jim Wilkins regarding the AHS
> Board Meeting which took place this past weekend. He  informed me that
> he sent his message summarizing accomplishments "to the membership" . I
> presume he meant to members who were on e-mail? Naturally the thought
> which occurred to me was "which e-mail membership?'
> I would appreciate if those on various e-mail lists servers would advise
> others which list servers were employed in this communication. The
> substance of agenda items was somewhat of a surprise, was it not?
> including ...........
> -terminating Preferred Growers Policy because registration policy is
> working;          investigate  consumer issues; extend IAC
> -a system to review future research grants
> -Silver Book Supplement...10 dollars
> -Committee to develop "Hosta Primer"
> -raise membership to 25 dollars, modify publications
> -linking National org. to regional and local org's.
> -develop a "Sharing Circle" ( borrowing money from special funds  for
> budgetary use) .
> These summaries seem to raise another round of questions.
> Jim Hawes.
Some of the most needed things , like the ballot vote, are glaringly
missing.  The talk about implemanting a system of election for the local
Societies, is intresting, but will still have to actually be
implemented.  I have still not heard how the "board" is planning to get
the necessary information to actually represent 4000 + members.