Re: White Hostas

In a message dated 10/13/1999 10:29:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

 White Christmas is in the same boat.  It has to turn green or it won't
 and because it needs a lot of light, it might be harder to grow where the
heat is
 extreme. As far as being green half the year, we grow perennials that only
 for three or four weeks.  Appreciate the time when it's spectacular.
 On the other hand, if it doesn't do well in the south, you might as well use
 space for something else cause it ain't gonna get any better.  Mobjack, in
 southern Virginia grows spectacular plants of White Christmas, giving them
 of light and lots of water, but I've never seen them in late summer.
 Chick >>
  My White Christmas's are still white, I have them in half a day of sun with
bright filtered shade the rest of the day. Plants are still good sized after
a number of years and the removal of a few divisions.
Zone 4