Re: Aprhodite vs Plantiginea

At 10:12 PM 9/7/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Aphrodite "water demand" may be greater than plantaginea. I remember the wet
>feet in clay that used to produce such heavy plantaginea blooms. Maybe they
>really need the established root mass to transport the water to the blooms.
>I do water mine all season long, especially when the bloom stalks are big
and
>fat. They sure like the late summer rains.
>bruce

Well, Bruce..I guess next year it's water, water, water.  I certainly won't
give up on the plant, since it's got a gorgeous form, color, and is in a
good spot, visually. But if I have no chance of getting the flowers I'll
just cut the stalk before it drains energy from the plant. First will try
your water thing for a couple of years, though.

Gerry