Re: pod ripening

In a message dated 9/9/00 12:58:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
raffi@sympatico.ca writes:

<< N.  ARE U SUGGESTING? ..that the undeveloped & white-looking seed-pulp;
 which is developing inside a 30 day old hosta-seed-pod -- WILL SPROUT
 PLANTS?   and....
 If you NARDA? ..or anyone else! ..has successfully sprouted seed, taken
 from a one month old pod <-> pray tell? <-> which variety of hosta was this
 done with/etc? -- else don't waste our time with your *ONE LINERS* ..THANK
 U KINDLY? ...and remaining
 HOSTA'LLY yours

Now Bill, don't get your bowels in an uproar, I meant absolutely no
disrespect.  Here is my point, everyone says it can't be done but no one has
tried it except I guess Mark and Doug Lohman.  With having observed seeds
sprouting in the pod one would have to assume that it is a possibility to
plant thirty day old seeds and have them germinate, or would they be
sprouting in the pod?  Hey, I don't know, haven't tried germinating thirty
day old seeds my self but may give it a try.  Maybe some of us should do that
so we just don't have to take Mark's word for it.  N.