Re: pod ripening

At 01:15 PM 09/09/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Here is my point, everyone says it can't be done but no one has
>tried it except I guess Mark and Doug Lohman.  With having observed seeds
>sprouting in the pod one would have to assume that it is a possibility to
>plant thirty day old seeds and have them germinate, or would they be
>sprouting in the pod?  Hey, I don't know, haven't tried germinating thirty
>day old seeds my self but may give it a try.  Maybe some of us should do that
>so we just don't have to take Mark's word for it.  N.

 >>> there is no hosta seed type that I know of: which can be sprouted,
when it comes from a 30-day old pod-set?

With regard to: seed sprouting inside a pod, this happens with mature seed
not being removed; and I believe, this does not happen until the pod is at
least 3 months old?

sympatically stated and: <imho> 'in my honest opinion'

:-B))
ps... "ABOVE ARE THE FACTS! ..as I've seen by practical experience"?