From: owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com
[mailto:owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of Chick
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 4:00 PM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: new flower scapes are there!

That makes sense.  I have also had significant losses when I start cutting
things this late, but it could be because everything here is in pots, which
is a
little riskier.  Do you have no problems with rot on things that were
this late in the season?  Fungicide?  I can't count the things I've lost by
trying to get greedy late in the year.  I wouldn't mind trying it again but
afraid to do it on anything valuable, and if it's not valuable, why bother?