Vendor Complaints

  Having endured some of the messages over the last few days about "dumb"
customers, I decided that it is time for a little physics - every action
creates an opposite reaction.  Please note that I left the word equal out of
the equation.

 How about some vendor complaints.

 A couple of years ago I sent an order to a mail order nursery sending in
the check and order early in order to obtain a "discount".  I received a
reply thanking me for the order and informing me to "expect" shipment in mid

 Memorial day came and went with no shipment, nor communications from my
vendor.  I even read e-mails when others had received their orders from said
vendor - they must have sent their orders extra early.

 A phone call to the vendor in mid-June prompted a quick shipment promise
with the package arriving June 25th.

 Upon inspecting the shipment, I noticed several items missing with the
explanation of "crop failure" written on the invoice.  Searching throught
the rest of the package for a refund check I found none.  Well, I thought it
will show up in the mail in a couple of days.

 Around mid-July I called the  vendor about a refund.  "We'll send a check
out right away" they told me.  A couple of days later it arrived.

 This didn't set right with me, but who am I.

 Just another dumb customer.

Roy Dales
Milton, VT