Healthfulness of organic Vs. chemical fertilizers for food production

First I want to state that I'm not talking about nutrient content of various
foods grown using various methods of food production.

I read some information several years ago that stated organic food
production is more likely to result in e-coli and other types of pathogens
being found as residues on some organically grown food crops.

Some of these residues may not be washed off during preparation. It only
makes sense that if large amounts of manures are used there is an increased
possibility of some being found in food. Some crops may be being harvested
as some soils are being fertilized. Employees, tractors, wagons etc. are
sometime not sterilized between usages. Rain washes things around too.

Heavy metals are not usually found inside food crop tissues. Contamination
arises when foods like carrots, potatoes, beets, radishes, lettuce, greens,
etc. are prepared in the kitchen and small amounts of soil ends up in the
prepared food. Eating potatoes, carrots and other root crops with their
skins still on can result in the consumption of small amounts of soil
particles and soil contaminates.

Most people are familiar with the preparation of chicken and the precautions
that need to be taken to keep salmonella out of the finished food product.
Other things can reach out kitchen tables in the same manor.

We live in a world where we are constantly exposed to the elements our
surroundings. This is not to be feared in my opinion. I feel comfortable
betting that in every breath we take we are exposed to every man made
chemical and every naturally occurring compound that is to be found on the
planet. It may be in parts per billion, parts per trillion or parts per
quadrillion but these things are always there and our ability to measure
them increases every day.

Eat healthy foods, get plenty of exercise, drink 8 glasses of water per day,
avoid unhealthy habits, avoid type A behavior and drive defensibly and you
should live into your hundreds. Of course you might just get hit by a

Dan Nelson