RE: What makes the difference?

  • Subject: RE: What makes the difference?
  • From: "Helen" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:11:34 -0400

I was thinking... perhaps the time of year may have something to do with it? In spring, the plants are concentrating on new leaves, followed by blooming. If you get the order late in the summer or early fall, the plants are concentrating on growing their root systems, not on putting on new growth.  Also, depending on the nursery they came from, some grower's have been suffering from extremes of heat and drought this year, and no doubt their plants have felt the affects as well...