Re: What makes the difference?

  • Subject: Re: What makes the difference?
  • From: BDeyes6@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 05:05:45 EDT

the only difference I can think of is that I also add pine fine...or pine
bark soil conditioner to my new beds in Cincinnati.  It seems to help keep
the soil loamy over the long haul.  I use a lot of peat in my mix although
there is some confusion as to how much is good.   We have clay in Cincinnati
and with heavy mulching every year, this seems to work.  I put chopped leaves
on the beds every fall and the soil just seems to get better and better.