What makes the difference?

  • Subject: What makes the difference?
  • From: SECK138@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:15:22 EDT

When I prepare soil I dig the whole area maybe even as much as 15 x 9ft plot.
 I start by digging a hole down about a foot.  Which I then fill with peat
moss and cow manure in a three to one ratio.  Peat moss being three.  Then I
take a pitchfork and pull the soil down on either side and underneith and mix
it all very well.  Until I have a raised bed about 2 ft of mixed soil.  six
inches high and 1 1/2ft down.  I do this until I have totally done the whole
area.  I won't need to fertilize or work this soil for several years.  It is
a pleasure to dig in these areas.  Chris from Braintree, MA