The perfect hosta

  • Subject: The perfect hosta
  • From: SECK138@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:16:44 EDT

We dreamed about the perfect hosta.  The hosta we don't have.   The choices
are endless.  Which hosta will it be?  Which hosta will not disappoint?  I am
always trying to narrow down the list.   I drop one only to add three more.
Sometimes I wish there weren't so many choices?  It is getting to be like
choosing wall paper.   Which qualities are the most important?  The color,
the texture, the ability to look well all of the time, uniqueness, growing
well or all of the above.  Which hostas have it all?  A lot more times I am
drawn towards a wonderful solid green hosta.  Because there is something
about the form and the drape of the leaves.  But what is also interesting is
how different we all are in our pursuit of the perfect hosta.   I have always
thought of Hostas solely in a landscape setting.  So it was fun to visit a
fellow collector who has the majority of his hostas in containers divided for
bartering.  It was like visiting a nursery.
Just my thoughts for today.  Chris from Braintree, MA