Re: 85 of Alex Malloy's intros and NRs

  • Subject: Re: 85 of Alex Malloy's intros and NRs
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:07:00 -0500

Helen wrote:

> Thanks Bob
>
> I was just curious, he seems to have ALOT of new hostas.  Must work hard,
> eh?

Hi Helen
	I am sort of torn by this myself. I know many people on these robins
work years to get a hosta or two that they consider good enough to
introduce and/or grow long enough to see the final quality of the plant.
I don't understand how one person can have somewhere in the range of 125
in a few years, most it seems in the last year or so. There are maybe
10% that are mutual intros.
	I am trying to look at it like there is no limit or standards that
anybody follows so each person sets their own.
--
Bye
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/