New Virus, Here we go again folks!

  • Subject: New Virus, Here we go again folks!
  • From: "P. Bracey" <pbracey@mtco.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:33:47 -0500

I received the following message from my company's system admin.
"With the increase in email attachments this past week, I want to remind
all of you to be cautious when opening attachments.   Personal email
such as Hotmail, Yahoo, and AOL pose the biggest threat.  We cannot
control what is opened by these "personal" email clients.   As of this
morning (thanks to JAS) a new "Code Red" virus is on the loose and
spreading rapidly. This virus comes in the form of an attachment called
"readme.exe".   Look for this virus to come in different varieties with
different attachment file names in the near future.

Again, be careful with what you open, especially from someone you don't